Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Sewing-NOT

This past weekend I started a sewing process for two tops.  One top is Vogue 9026



I am making view B using fabric left over from my "Reunion" Dress.  It is rather thick ponte knit and thus should be fairly warm for our current cold, cold weather.

I prepared the sweater knit fabric from EOS readying it for me to cut out on Sunday along with the fabric for the above top.  I awoke Sunday morning not feeling well and ended up with a stomach virus that left me feeling "blah" and had no energy for sewing.

Taking a few moments here and there on Monday and Tuesday, I have finished cutting out the V9026 and have the sweater knit and McCall pattern on cutting table to find bits of time to do that this week. The intent is to have them ready for the coming weekend.  I am taking next week off for a "staycation" and plan to sew along with cooking for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.  Can you believe it is now that time of year??????!!!!!!!

I hope your sewing plans are going well.

PS--Fed Ex delivered fabric from Fabric Mart yesterday.  Pictures to follow.

2 comments:

  1. I have this v9026 also so I am looking forward to seeing your version. I know it will be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just completed it today and I am real happy with the outcome. It is very important to use knit that has the stretch per chart on the envelope back. I will post more about my experience soon.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...